- 1 medium eggplant, thinly sliced
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup olive oil (for frying)
- Salt the eggplant (it removes its bitterness and moisture). Meanwhile combine the flour and the cornstarch.
- Heat a skillet. Dry the eggplant slices. Shift the mixture of flour and cornstarch over this slices. Pour the oil in the skillet and heat it to 170 °C.
- In the meantime, take a eggplant slice and shake the excess of the flour mixture. Dredge in the egg and fry.
- Do the same with each slice. Deep fry the eggplant slices in a single layer (laying sparsely).
- Gently swirl the skillet and splash this hot oil over the slices, until golden. Then, turn each slice over to cook the other side