- 400 g of mixed chopped salad greens
- 80 g Parmesan cheese flakes
- 1 slice of sliced bread, crusts removed and diced
- 1 whole clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 70 g of anchovy fillets in oil chopped
- Add the olive oil, the croutons and the garlic to a frying pan. When pale brown add a spoonful of sugar to caramelize slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolk and the anchovies. If needed, put some olive oil from the can; slowly to emulsify. We’ll get a kind of light mayonnaise.
- Add the lettuce along with the anchovies to this bowl. Mix to coat with the dressing.
- Sprinkle the croutons and parmesan flakes over the salad.