- 3 cups milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon zest, without the white pith, grated
- 1 sachet custard power
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Infuse the milk with the cinnamon and the lemon zest. Meanwhile, in a thick-bottomed pot whisk the custard power and the sugar together.
- Sieve the milk as to remove the lemon zest and the cinnamon stick. Add gradually this hot milk to the sugar mixture stirring continuously.
- Heat the whole over medium heat; until it starts thickening, stirring thoroughly. Then take off the heat.
- Don’t stop stirring – out of the heat – until the custard has the consistency you like. Pour in four glasses.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon power.