- 5 kg. tomatoes, sliced
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (not ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds (not ground)
- On a large plate arrange the tomato slightly overlapping slices.
- Sprinkle the salt, black pepper, cayenne and lemon juice over the tomatoes
- Put the oil in a small saucepan and set over high heat. When hot, put in the cumin and mustard seeds. As soon as mustard seeds start popping -it takes a few seconds- lift the saucepan off the heat and spoon the oil and spices over the tomatoes.
- Garnish with the basil leaves all over.